Thursday, September 23, 2004

Geroge W reveals his sources

It used to be Challabi used to give the administration the WMD story, and now Allawi is giving the "optimistic" stories. And if you don't believe it, Prime Minister will set you up with the right people to convince you.


President Bush and Prime Minister Allawi Press Conference
The Rose Garden

12:06 P.M. EDT


..............
PRESIDENT BUSH: Okay, let me stop you. First of all, the Iraqi people now have got Iraqi leadership. Prime Minister Allawi and his cabinet are making decisions on behalf of the Iraqi people. Secondly, I saw a poll that said the right track/wrong track in Iraq was better than here in America. (Laughter.) It's pretty darn strong. I mean, the people see a better future.

Talk to the leader. I agree -- I'm not the expert on how the Iraqi people think, because I live in America, where it's nice and safe and secure. But I talk to this man. One reason I'm optimistic about our ability to get the job done is because I talk to the Iraqi Prime Minister. I'm also optimistic that people will choose freedom over tyranny every time. That's what I believe.

.......

PRIME MINISTER ALLAWI: .......... And once you are in Iraq, I will be my (sic) host. I can put you together with these people in my home and you can talk to them. And you can find out yourselves that the Iraqis, tremendously, by and large, respect the United States, and respect the other partners in the coalition for helping Iraq, not only in liberation, but now in helping Iraq to rebuild itself and to rebuild its institutions.


http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2004/09/20040923-8.html

No comments: